Shannon Refrigeration successfully completed the refrigeration and ventilation upgrade project for Bidfood’s new meat processing facility in Auckland. Shannon Refrigeration’s successful tender bid was a complete in-house design & build project that has provided Bidfood with efficient, modern, reliable refrigeration and ventilation systems to serve their new processing facility.
A feature of the project was the successful design & installation of a stand-alone transcritical CO2 blast freezer which has provided reliable, efficient operation from commissioning. Project details included:
- Blast Freezer operating on carbon dioxide in a transcritical configuration.
- Coldstore operating on carbon dioxide in a sub-critical configuration
- Supply and installation of medium temperature reticulated glycol system serving process chillers. RHOSS air-cooled glycol chiller with a capacity of 378 kW circulates chilled glycol to Comprex room evaporators via secondary pumps, glycol buffer tank and insulated pipework.
- Supply and installation of ventilation plant to serve entire facility including PS1 producer statement of design for council consent.
- Ice bank refrigeration system, dry cooler and all controls for Sou Vide processing line. Supply and installation of all electrical services and controls.